Plug and Play Tech Center (plugandplaytechcenter.com) is the most active VC in Silicon Valley and the largest innovation platform in the world.
Our passion is to help startups succeed and that’s why we built the ultimate startup ecosystem: industry-specific accelerator programs, office space, year-round investments, 180+ corporate partners, and hundreds of VCs in our network.
Simply put, we give startups the best possible chance to thrive.
Our marketing team has recently taken on a fresh, new life and we’re ready to become a household name. We need you to help us do that. We have a big content pipeline that includes editorial, video, graphics, and interviews and the aim is to create the premier startup lifestyle destination on the web. The project has the potential to have a historic impact on your resumé.
Your responsibilities will include...
– Executing on the editorial pipeline that you will be a part of shaping
– Researching technology industries, interviewing key stakeholders, and collating information into quality, evergreen content
– Writing short blogs, lists, and long form content
– By compiling feedback from startup founders, executives at huge corporations, and other industry thought leaders, you will be in charge of taking an editor’s role in making it digestible to our audience
– Proofread and make necessary grammatical changes to posts by staff writers and contributors
– Working with our Video Manager to shoot footage related to the content you are writing: supplemented blog writing with very relevant video
– Exceptional written communication skills
– Exceptional internet research skills
– Team player with excellent interpersonal/collaboration skills
– Experience with WordPress or related CMS
– Deep understanding of social media marketing (esp. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Snapchat)
– Produced and published online content previously
– Keen eye for detail
– Articulate and organized
– Graphic design capabilities (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
– Basic programming skills (HTML, CSS)
– Video editing experience